Get Your Certificate in Health Coaching
Are you a healthcare professional looking to add Health Coaching to your practice? Our Health Coaching Certificate Program is designed to empower you with the specialized knowledge and expertise needed to become a proficient health coach. As the healthcare industry continues to prioritize patient-centered care and holistic well-being, health coaching has emerged as a vital discipline.
Through this program, you will learn the art of effective coaching, motivational strategies, and communication techniques to guide and empower your patients in achieving their health and wellness goals.
Join us on this transformative journey to expand your professional horizons, make a meaningful impact on the lives of your patients, and elevate your nursing career to new heights.
What does a Health Coach do?
A health coach is a trained professional who supports individuals in achieving their health and wellness goals. They assess clients’ needs, set goals, create action plans, provide education and resources, assist with behavior change, monitor progress, and collaborate with other healthcare professionals. Health coaches help clients make positive lifestyle changes and provide guidance, support, and accountability throughout the process.
Lifestyle Health Coaching has been shown to be clinically effective in the modification of risk factors for both healthy people and those with chronic disease 1.
Who can become a Health Coach?
In general anyone with a passion for health, wellness, and helping others can pursue a career as a health coach.
While Health Coaching in general is an unregulated profession, our program is made for licensed healthcare professionals / practitioners as a way to enhance their current practice.
Some examples of people who could potentially pursue a Health Coaching career:
- Health and wellness professionals: Individuals with existing qualifications or experience in health-related fields such as nutrition, fitness, nursing, psychology, or counseling may choose to specialize further and become health coaches. Their prior knowledge and expertise can complement their coaching skills.
- Allied healthcare professionals: Health coaches can also include professionals like nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists, or dietitians who undergo additional training to become certified health coaches. Their background in healthcare provides them with a solid foundation to support clients’ health goals.
- Personal trainers and fitness professionals: Those working in the fitness industry often expand their services by becoming health coaches. They may acquire additional knowledge in areas like nutrition, behavior change, and stress management to offer more comprehensive support to their clients.
- Individuals with a passion for health and wellness: Some individuals may not have a formal background in healthcare but have a genuine interest and passion for promoting health and well-being. They can pursue dedicated health coaching programs or certifications to acquire the necessary skills and knowledge.
Ultimately, becoming a health coach requires a dedication to ongoing learning, strong communication skills, empathy, and a genuine desire to help others improve their well-being.
Any licensed healthcare professional can get our Health Coaching Certificate.
Our Healing the Whole Person Program
If you are a licensed healthcare professional our “Healing the Whole Person” program includes everything you need to add Health Coaching to your practice.
The full 4-course program takes about 16 weeks to complete, but is an online and self-paced program so you can take as long as you need.
*For nurses, as a bonus the 4-course program supplies 80 CNEs which can be used to meet various requirements including sitting for Board Certifications in Holistic Nursing, Nurse Coaching and can also be used for re-licensure continuing education needs.
Benefits of Becoming a Health Coach:
Making a positive impact
As a health coach, you have the opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the lives of others. By helping individuals achieve their health goals, overcome challenges, and adopt healthier lifestyles, you can contribute to their overall well-being and long-term health.
Health coaching is about empowering clients to take charge of their own health. By providing guidance, support, and accountability, you help clients develop the knowledge, skills, and confidence they need to make sustainable lifestyle changes and improve their quality of life.
Flexibility and autonomy
Health coaching offers flexibility in terms of work settings and schedules. You can choose to work independently, start your own coaching practice, or join a wellness center, gym, or healthcare facility. This flexibility allows you to design a career that aligns with your lifestyle and personal goals.
Continuous learning and professional growth
The field of health and wellness is dynamic and ever-evolving. As a health coach, you are constantly learning and staying up-to-date with the latest research, strategies, and techniques. This commitment to ongoing education and professional development keeps your knowledge fresh and allows you to provide the most effective support to your clients.
Many health coaches find immense satisfaction in helping others achieve their health and wellness goals. Seeing your clients transform their lives, overcome obstacles, and experience positive changes can be incredibly rewarding and fulfilling.
Networking and collaboration
Health coaches often have the opportunity to collaborate with other healthcare professionals, including doctors, nutritionists, therapists, and fitness experts. This collaborative environment allows for interdisciplinary approaches to client care and fosters a network of like-minded professionals.
Potential for financial stability
The demand for health coaches continues to grow as more people recognize the importance of proactive healthcare and preventive strategies. With a solid client base and a reputation for effective coaching, you can build a successful and financially stable career as a health coach.
How to get your Health Coach Certificate
If you are a licensed healthcare practitioner / professional then all you need is our full 4-course program “Healing the Whole Person“.
The full course is designed to be completed within 16 weeks of starting the program.
When you complete our full 4-course program you will receive our Holistic Health Coaching Certificate.
- Clinical Effectiveness of Lifestyle Health Coaching
- AHNCC Nurse Coaching Core Essentials